3 Simple Ways to Determine if You are Running Easy Enough: Matt Fitzgerald
Before we reintroduced the podcast, Jeff and I created a survey for our subscribers to give their feedback on how we could improve the podcast, and also what you would like to see in the future of the podcast. I have listened to your responses, and tried to reach out to as many of the guest requests as possible.
Of course a few patterns emerged, and wHoe found some guests were requested over and over. However, the guest that was by far the most popular, was my guest today. This confused me a little as he had actually already been on the podcast twice already.
It was only once I listened to his two epiosdes that I could see why.He was absolutely fascinating, and such a pioneer within our running world. I loved his approach, and he is the kind of person you could go to a lecture from, and actually enjoy listening to what they have to say.
I then knew that I had to bring him back on the show. Not only did YOU want him, but now I had all these questions that I wanted to ask, that I was sure you would be curious about too.
My guest today is
- Author of over 20 books;
- Racing Weight, Brain Training for Runners, Diet Cults, 80/20 Running, and How Bad Do You Want it? Links to all of these in the resources below
- Writer for Men’s Fitness, Men’s Health, Men’s Journal, Outside, Shape, Stuff, and Women’s Health.
- Certified by the International Society of Sports Nutrition
- Served as a consultant to numerous sports nutrition companies
- Serves as a training intelligence specialist for PEAR Sports
- Endurance sports coach
- Cherry Marketing Institute ambassador
Some of the topics Matt and I are going to discuss today include:
- Why there is no one right way to eat, especially when it comes to chosing a particular diet
- The importance of having a healthy relationship with food
- The psychology behind why we tend to put ourselves in the moderate intensity level within our running even when we know we need to run easy
- Three ways you can measure to see if you are running at the right threshold to allow for recovery
- The importance of developing power as a runner, and how you can use it to become faster at every distance
Or download the Full Audio MP3 to listen to on any device (Android and Windows) on your next run.
Want more awesome interviews and advice? Subscribe to our iTunes channel
You can also download directly to your Stitcher Radio app
May we Ask You For a Favor?
Thank you again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way or you know another runner who could benefit from what we talked about today, we would really appreciate if you would share it using the social media buttons on the side of the page.Check out the @Runners_Connect podcast with Matt Fitzgerald. Interesting as always! Click To Tweet
And lastly, if you have any questions you can email email@example.com or leave us a voice message at (617) 356-7969 or click the voice message button on the right side of the page.
Links and Resources mentioned in this Interview:
Please consider giving us a review on iTunes by clicking THIS link. You can follow this YouTube Video of a Demonstration of How to Leave a Review. Thank you in advance 🙂