Nutrition for RunnersLearn How to Eat for Optimal Performance and Lose Weight
You have unique nutritional needs as a runner. You want to lose weight and be healthier overall, but you don’t want to sacrifice your training or your racing performances. You want to make sure you’re fueling right for training and racing without upsetting yours stomach. And You want to recover as fast as possible and prevent overtraining.
Finding the balance and help you need to achieve your running nutrition goals is a daunting task. To help walk you step-by-step through the process, here are our most helpful nutrition for runners articles.
Running and Weight Loss
1. Running and Weight Loss: How to Safely Lose Weight Without Sacrificing Your Training
2. 2 Healthy habits that may be sabotaging your weight loss goals
3. How to balance weight loss without sacrificing running performance
4. Why You Might Gain Weight While Training for the Marathon
5. Why You Might Not Lose Weight While Running
Nutrition Before Your Run
1. What to eat before a run
2. Should I Eat Before I Run? How to Fuel Your Body for Any Running Workout
3. How to practice your long run nutrition to find your sweet spot
4. Caffeine and Running
Nutrition for Recovery
1. The Two Windows for Optimal Recovery After a Hard Workout or Race
2. What to eat after running for optimal recovery
3. Eating yourself out of overtraining
4. What runners can learn from bodybuilders
5. Is Chocolate Milk Really a Good Recovery Drink After Running?
1. Marathon Long Runs on an Empty Stomach or Fully Fueled
2. The Lowdown on Energy Gels for Marathon Training and Racing
3. Sports Drinks vs. Water: When It’s Best To Use Each
4. Nutrition during the final weeks of marathon training
5. 6 Nutrition Tips for the Perfect Marathon Taper
Like What You’ve Read?
If so, join our FREE marathon nutrition clinic
and learn how to prevent the dreaded marathon bonk and race faster at your next marathon.
Here are just some of the topics we will cover…
- How to calculate your exact glycogen storage and carbohydrate use so you know exactly how much you have to refuel
- How to calculate your sweat loss and re-hydration rate to maintain optimal performance.
- How to develop your individualized fueling plan using you sweat rate and glycogen usage.