Why You Need to Believe You are Good Enough- Dr. Stan Beecham
I have always been fascinated with the minds of runners. At one point in my life I even looked into becoming a sports psychologist. Today, I had the opportunity to ask those questions I have always wondered with a well known sports psychologist, who has studied distance runners in detail, and has come to some fascinating conclusions on why we act the way we do. You are going to learn so much in this interview, and it will make you change your whole outlook on life, especially if you want to be successful, and get the most out of your running goals.
My guest today is Dr. Stan Beecham
- Started as Sport Psychologist and Leadership Consultant based in Roswell, Georgia.
- Beecham started the Sport Psychology Program for the Athletic Department at UGA, he helped UGA win numerous individual and team championships.
- Now works with collegiate, Olympic and Professional athletes, and in 2013 brought out his award winning book Elite Minds, talk about today
- world-class speaker with a focus on helping athletes and corporations perform to the best of their ability
Today Dr. Stan and I are going to talk about:
- Why curiosity and openness could be the keys to success in your running and life
- Why we need to get back to being human beings instead of human doings
- Why you need to let go of some of the control in your life, and how this will change your perspective on injuries to view them as a gift
- Why you need to change the way you treat yourself, and how self belief will lead to the result you have always dreamed of
I am ready to dive into my crazy, are you? Lets meet Dr StanI am listening to @Runners_Connect talk strategies with sports psychologist @StanBeecham on the #RTTP Click To Tweet
https://cdn-podcats.runnersconnect.net/Dr Stan Beecham.mp3
Or download the Full Audio MP3 to listen to on any device (Android and Windows) on your next run.
Want more awesome interviews and advice? Subscribe to our iTunes channel
You can also download directly to your Stitcher Radio app
May we Ask You For a Favor?
Thank you again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way or you know another runner who could benefit from what we talked about today, we would really appreciate if you would share it using the social media buttons on the side of the page.
And lastly, if you have any questions you can email email@example.com or leave us a voice message at (617) 356-7969 or click the voice message button on the right side of the page.
Links and Resources mentioned in this Interview:
Please consider giving us a review on iTunes by clicking THIS link. You can follow this YouTube Video of a Demonstration of How to Leave a Review. Thank you in advance 🙂