Get to Know the Run to the Top Podcast Host- Tina Muir
For today’s show, I have no guest because I am getting married in a few days! So I decided to share my story for anyone who is interested in learning more about me. I was interviewed on Marathon Training Academy a few months ago by Angie and Trevor, and you can listen to that episode here.
For those of you who weren’t aware, I am originally from England, and moved to the States in 2007 to pursue my running career. I finished off a great collegiate career by finishing 3rd in the 10k at the 2012 Great Britain Olympic Trials.
In this episode we bounce around a lot to cover the details of me, my running, and what makes me tick.
- How Tina developed an interest in running
- Why she loves living in America
- What makes someone an elite runner
- What it’s like to run in England
- Why it’s good to be selective with choosing how many marathons you will do
- Tina’s love for cooking and nutrition
- How busy people can find the time to cook
- Why strength training and exercise is important
- Her great experience being evaluated at the University of Virginia speed clinic for runners
- Tina’s inspirations, such as Paula Radcliffe, Kara Goucher and her previous coaches
- Some of Tina’s past injuries and health issues
- Her future running goals and races that she would like to do
[bctt tweet=”I loved learning more about host of the #RTTP @tinamuir today!”]
Or download the Full Audio MP3 to listen to on any device (Android and Windows) on your next run.
Want more awesome interviews and advice? Subscribe to our iTunes channel
You can also download directly to your Stitcher Radio app
May we Ask You For a Favor?
Thank you again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way or you know another runner who could benefit from what we talked about today, we would really appreciate if you would share it using the social media buttons on the side of the page.
And lastly, if you have any questions you can email email@example.com or leave us a voice message at (617) 356-7969 or click the voice message button on the right side of the page.
Links and Resources mentioned in this Interview:
- Marathon Training Academy interview
- University of Virginia speed clinic
- Kara Goucher’s blog
- Paula Radcliffe’s book
- Tina Muir’s blog
Please consider giving us a review on iTunes by clicking THIS link. You can follow this YouTube Video of a Demonstration of How to Leave a Review. Thank you in advance 🙂