Leading the Way for Masters Runners: Kathy Martin
We think you are going to really enjoy our guest today, especially those of you who are late starters into the running world.
Today we have Kathy Martin, also known as the Running Realtor. Kathy has held, or still holds US and World Records in Every event from the 800m to the 50k. She was the USATF Bengay Athlete of the Year in 2004.
Kathy is a 9 time Masters Cross Country Champion, and was nominated the USATF Masters Athlete of the Year in 2014. She is graded at close to 100% in almost every distance she has competed in, and has been featured by the New York Times. Kathy has even had a Nike Commercial made about her, which you can check out on her website KathrynAMartin.com
In this interview, you will learn about:
- How Kathy has changed the rules when it comes to running as a masters athlete
- How Kathy went from lying on the road, barely able to run one mile at age 30, to being the American and World Record holder in many events as far as 50k
- Importance of listening to your body at any age, and what Kathy does to stay healthy, and prevent muscle loss as a masters runner
- Kathy’s advice on how to overcome excuses for not running, and training while you have a full time job
- Theories on why female masters participation is taking longer to grow than males masters running, and how to compete within your age group
Or download the Full Audio MP3 to listen to on any device (Android and Windows) on your next run
You can also download directly to your Stitcher Radio app
May we Ask You For a Favor?
Thank you again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way or you know another runner who could benefit from what we talked about today, we would really appreciate if you would share it using the social media buttons on the side of the page.
And lastly, if you have any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message at (617) 356-7969 or click the voice message button on the right side of the page.
Links and resources mentioned in this interview:
Please consider giving us a review on iTunes by clicking THIS link. You can follow this YouTube Video of a Demonstration of How to Leave a Review. Thank you in advance 🙂