Could Eating More Butter Help You Run Faster? The Sock-Doc
I don’t know about you, but I try to pride myself on being honest. I try to share my feelings, and talk about things as much as possible to make sure everyone knows that I am only human, and not interested in coming across as perfect.
I love talking to other people who have that similar kind of mindset, and my guest today is one of those people. Not interested in telling you what you want to hear, but instead using his knowledge as a doctor to teach you how to make yourself more healthy, rather than giving you something to treat the symptoms, but never really addressing the true source of the problem.
Today I am talking to Steve Gangemi, also known as the Sock Doc.
- Dr Gangemi is doctor who focuses on holisitic health care, focusing on the entire body rather than just the areas that are giving you trouble to look at why you are having an issue, to prevent it from happening again.
- Sock doc is not what you think!
- He has completed 16 ironmans, and has been a competitive triathlete and runner for most of his life- understands runners
- Dr. Gangemi has had training in functional neurology, biochemistry, acupressure, applied kinesiology and dietary and lifestyle medication methods.
Some of the topics we will cover today include:
- Which area of the body is an issue for most people, even runners, and how keeping it loose could improve your performance. You will be surprised!
- What the Sock Doc has attributed his injury free streak of almost 20 years to
- How to transition safely to minimalist shoes, and why you need to spend more time barefoot
- How to change your eating habits to allow your body to heal better naturally, rather than relying on anti-inflammatory pills. This will help you heal quicker than you expect!
- Why eating more butter could change your life for the better, and make you fun faster!
Just to warn you, we did drop the call in the middle, but don’t worry, we jump right back in there to get back to the conversation, and continue our learning!
https://cdn-podcats.runnersconnect.net/Sock Doc Steve Gangemi.mp3
Or download the Full Audio MP3 to listen to on any device (Android and Windows) on your next run.
Want more awesome interviews and advice? Subscribe to our iTunes channel
You can also download directly to your Stitcher Radio app
May we Ask You For a Favor?
Thank you again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way or you know another runner who could benefit from what we talked about today, we would really appreciate if you would share it using the social media buttons on the side of the page.
And lastly, if you have any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message at (617) 356-7969 or click the voice message button on the right side of the page.
Links and Resources mentioned in this Interview:
Please consider giving us a review on iTunes by clicking THIS link. You can follow this YouTube Video of a Demonstration of How to Leave a Review. Thank you in advance 🙂