Everything You Need to Know About Electrolytes: Nina Anderson
Even if you don’t have a marathon coming up or you are thinking about one the future, it’s time to really try to take these little things like nutrition seriously.
Today’s guest demonstrates the importance of refueling; explaining why it is so important, and what you need to keep in mind to stay healthy, not just right now, but for the rest of your life.
We talk about how the decisions you make today could be affecting you down the road.
This really gives you a lot to think about, and what I love about our guest today is that she does not work for a specific company who wants to sell us a product, but she tells it to us straight, based on her own findings from her research.
Our guest has 20 years of experience in the alternative health field to share with us today:
- International Sports Science Association certified Specialist in Performance Nutrition.
- She is a retired corporate pilot who has flown many jet aircraft including: Gulfstream, Hawker, and Citation III.
- Nationally acclaimed researcher, television and radio personality
- Co-authored 18 books
- Analyzing Sports Drinks
- Low Carb and Beyond
- President of Safe Goods Publishing
- Why need to consume more fats in your diet, how they are a better source of energy than glucose in carbohydrates
- The danger of consuming glycerol to hydrate muscles, and what long term damage can do to the body
- The critical importance of electrolytes and their role in the body, and the best way to make sure you have enough
- What ingredients to stay away from in sports drinks
- How adaptogens such as Rhodiola Rosea can help your health in many ways from reducing stress to helping burn fat into muscle
Are you ready to learn? I know I am
Or download the Full Audio MP3 to listen to on any device (Android and Windows) on your next run.
Want more awesome interviews and advice? Subscribe to our iTunes channel
You can also download directly to your Stitcher Radio app
May we Ask You For a Favor?
Thank you again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way or you know another runner who could benefit from what we talked about today, we would really appreciate if you would share it using the social media buttons on the side of the page.
And lastly, if you have any questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voice message at (617) 356-7969 or click the voice message button on the right side of the page.
Links and Resources mentioned in this Interview:
Nina’s recommendation for the best source of Electrolytes: Enduropacks
Supplement to support Joint Health The Velvet Antler and Joint Medic
Source to purchase Rhodiola Rosea The True Rhodiola : Standardized 3% Siberian Rhodiola Rosea
Rhodiola Rosea needs to contain: Rosavin, Rosin, Rosarin, Salidroside
Foods Nina recommends for Runners: Organic Foods, Avocados, Flax (whole seeds), Wild Caught Salmon
Please consider giving us a review on iTunes by clicking THIS link. You can follow this YouTube Video of a Demonstration of How to Leave a Review. Thank you in advance 🙂