Runners and Fertility: What You Need to Know- Sarah Crouch
There are many topics that are covered over and over again, and some that you can ask someone about, or type into a search engine, and almost hear the crickets as you realize there is nothing on that topic. Runners are dedicated, determined, and love to research what they can do to run faster, so why is there absolutely nothing on women’s issues and running.
If you are a guy, you may want to switch off now, but it would also be a great idea for you to listen in to this interview, to learn more about it. And to the female listeners, this may be a first ever for how deep and detailed we go into these topics, but it will be informative, and I am sure you will learn something valuable that you can apply to your training.
My guest today is Sarah Crouch
- Assistant Coach for Runners Connect
- 13 time All-American
- Professional runner for Zap and Reebok since 2011
- 3 time Olympic Trials Qualifier
- PRs of 15:49, 32:37, 2:32 M
- Overall winner of 2013 church baking contest with a luscious blueberry pie!
Today Sarah and I are going to talk about:
- The effects (both good and bad) of various forms of birth control on runners
- The two types of amenorrhoea, and why you need to pay more attention to ovulation rather than just having a period
- Why hormonal and womens cycles are not talked about more in our society
- Why you should not be worried about not “looking like a runner”, and why dropping weight quickly is just not worth it
- What supplements are important for women, and how to take them for maximum effectiveness (and minimalizing stomach upsets!)
- The effect your cycle has on your racing, and how you can make slight manipulations to make sure you are not on your period during a race.
Many of you requested more insight into the lives of the runners connect coaches, and many more of you requested insights into female related issues, well, your wish is my command, lets do both!Finally! A podcast that discusses women's issues in detail. Listening to the @Runners_Connect #RTTP Click To Tweet
Or download the Full Audio MP3 to listen to on any device (Android and Windows) on your next run.
Want more awesome interviews and advice? Subscribe to our iTunes channel
You can also download directly to your Stitcher Radio app
May we Ask You For a Favor?
Thank you again for listening to the show. If it has helped you in any way or you know another runner who could benefit from what we talked about today, we would really appreciate if you would share it using the social media buttons on the side of the page.
And lastly, if you have any questions you can email email@example.com or leave us a voice message at (617) 356-7969 or click the voice message button on the right side of the page.
Links and Resources mentioned in this Interview:
Please consider giving us a review on iTunes by clicking THIS link. You can follow this YouTube Video of a Demonstration of How to Leave a Review. Thank you in advance 🙂