Welcome, fans and friends of Active.com
I’m Jeff Gaudette, and I’m delighted to see you here.
RunnersConnect is a team of expert coaches and fellow runners dedicated to improving your training and racing. We love running and want to spread our expertise and passion to inspire, motivate, and help you achieve your running goals. If you want to:
- Train smarter
- Stay injury-free
- Get the latest updates on running and nutrition research
- Learn from elite runners and expert coaches
You’ve come to the right place. Get to know us by downloading our free marathon training e-book or read some of our most popular posts I’ve curated just for you.
Grab Our Free
Marathon Training E-Book
Here’s what we’ve got for you:
- Step-by-step training guide – 140 pages broken into 4 specific sections: (1) Marathon training basics; (2) Specific marathon workouts; (3) Marathon nutrition for training, pre race, and race day; and (4) Mastering the marathon taper.
- Avoid the Marathon Bonk – Learn the science behind why runners hit the wall or “bonk” during the marathon. More importantly, learn the specific workouts, training strategies, and nutrition modifications you can make to finish the last 10k strong.
- Unparalleled knowledge – Training tips, anecdotes, and lessons learned directly from the world’s top marathon runners. Utilize the secret training strategies employed by elite athletes to stay injury-free and train smarter.
- An actual schedule – A detailed 16-week marathon training schedule that assembles the training theory and specific workouts discussed in this book so you can see the plan in action
Our Marathon Training E-Book is a free step-by-step guide to help you achieve a new PR at your next race
Start rewriting your record book today.
Some Posts You May Enjoy
You are putting in the miles, you are making the effort with your diet and you still aren’t losing weight? Are you getting stuck in the following hidden “healthy habit” calorie traps? Make the two changes in this article to your diet and routine, and watch as your weight steadily decreases and your overall performance increases.
In this week’s glimpse inside the training of an elite runner, I am going to show you a two week 10k specific block of training and how you can learn how to apply these workouts to your training.
‘Core’ is a big buzzword these days, and as such, it’s bolstering an industry of bosu balls, wobble boards, and ab rollers. But what’s the latest science say about whether core workouts are useful to distance runners?